The Billboard Art Project in the News:
About the Project:
- I came across...The Billboard Art Project
“…When you see a billboard that isn’t telling you what to buy or who to trust, it carries the impact of the unexpected.”
“This is not a cloistered project where only a chosen few can participate. The Billboard Art Project is an open call to anyone who wants to participate in that fundamental process of self expression.”
“The Billboard Art Project is your neighbor. It’s that nine to five manager who sketches behind the checkout counter in her spare time. Maybe it’s an acclaimed artist who simply wants to give something to the masses. Or perhaps it is a child struggling with cancer who has a white sheet of paper, a box crayons, and a world of time and pain. It could be someone on the other side of the continent or perhaps even the globe.
The Billboard Art Project is you.”
- 6/24/2011 LiquidTreat.com on the Billboard Art Project in
Magic Potion: Cool Ideas & Design Solutions
- Blue Canvas, issue X, 'Urban Intervention'
Albany, NY – July 2-15, 2012
- ArtInfo Brazil (in Portuguese): Projeto leva arte para os outdoors, Fernanda Lopes, 12 July 2012.
- AllOverAlbany.com: The Billboard Art Project
- Times Union: Billboard Art Project comes to Albany, Amy Griffin, June 27, 2012.
Salem, OR, May 25-27 2012
- San Jose Mercury News: Cumberland Elementary students' artwork make it onto digital billboards, Alia Wilson, 12 July 2012
Richmond, VA – April 2-29 2012
- On TV: Richmond's WRIC Channel 8 at 5:30 and 6:00 p.m., Friday April 6th
- Richmond Magazine: "High Visibility", by Harry Kollatz, Jr. PDF version
- Style Weekly: On The Road, by Karen Newton. pdf version
- Commonwealth Times: Nonprofit repurposes ad space as art, by Nick Bonadies.
San Bernardino - Corona-Riverside, CA Dec 2, 2011
- Grist.org: Fine art, writ large: Billboards become gallery space
- InlandSocal.com: CORONA: Riverside artist part of Billboard Art Project
- Inland Empire Weekly: Signs of the Times
- Tune in to 89.3 KPCC for on-site interviews with Billboard Art Project artists and founder.
Baton Rouge, LA, November 5, 2011
- The Daily Isureveille: Project brings art to digital billboards
Chicago, IL September 26 through October 23, 2011
- Chicago Tribune: Project splashes art on digital billboard for I-90 motorists
Duluth, MN. August 20 & 21, 2011
- Radio Podcast: Maija Morton of KUMD 103.3 FM
- Radio Podcast: Duluth's KDAL 610 Morning Show
- Duluth News Tribune: Best Bets for the coming week in Duluth
Savannah, GA. Saturday,
- wtoc.com: Area artists get a chance to hit the big screen
- wsav.com: Billboard Art Project (download .pdf)
Nashville, TN. April 2, 2011
- tennessean.com: Digital billboards in Nashville will serve as artists' easels today by Chris Echegaray,
Richmond, VA. October 2, 2010
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: Road art is coming Saturday to a billboard near I-195 by Katharine Calos. Sep 30, 2010. Download .pdf version.
- ABC News / WRIC Richmond: Two interviews were shown on the local news channel (not archived).