Digital Billboard Art
The Billboard Art Project is taking over roadside digital LED billboards to turn them into free public art venues for 24 hours or more.
Those in-your-face and colorful canvases that you see as you sit stuck in traffic are turned over to local and international artists for a little break from everyday advertising, presenting larger-than-life art in glowing colors.
Catch a glimpse from your car as you drive by, or hang out for awhile and watch the show with other artists and onlookers.
You won't know what is coming next as different artists explore this medium, with the electronic canvas morphing every 6-10 seconds.
Billboard Art Project's Upcoming Cities & Show Dates:
Follow us on facebook for updates and news, and
subscribe to our newsletter.
Past Billboard Art Projects & Artists:
- Atlanta, GA - September 29-October 26, 2012
- Quincy, IL - September 14-16, 2012
- Albany, NY - July 2-15, 2012
- Detroit Metro (Utica), MI - May 28-June 24, 2012
- Salem, OR, May 25-27 2012
- Richmond, VA, April 2-29, 2012
- San Bernardino-Corona-Riverside, CA, Dec 2, 2011
- New Orleans, LA, Oct 22 - Nov 18, 2011
- Baton Rouge, LA, Nov 5, 2011
- Chicago, IL, Sep 26 - Oct 23, 2011
- Reading, PA, October 22, 2011
- Duluth, MN, August 20 & 21, 2011
- Savannah, GA, May 14, 2011
- Nashville, TN, April 2, 2011
- Richmond, VA, Oct 2, 2010
Interested in participating? Read our FAQ and Copyright Info, then apply here.
Help support public art in your town through donations or volunteering. Details here.